Awards/ Art Featured in Publications
- “Loyola Weekly Digest: Inter/Transnational World – July/2012”
I was a featured artist in Loyola University’s Women’s and Gender Studies Magazine – Download full issue
- “Depaul University’s Asian American Art Oral History Project”
My 2012 interview for their growing archive.
- TokyoPop: “Fan Art Friday: You Go, Nouveau!” – 2/1/2013
Nice write-up featuring my Princes Mononoke piece, “Princess Perfection – Writing about this Princess Mononoke print by D Tanimura is a difficult proposition because it’s so freakin’ mesmerizing that we keep staring at it instead of finishing our senten- seriously, would you just look at it already? Tanimura perfectly captures the essence of the film and the nouveau aesthetic suits the Studio Ghibli eco-epic surprisingly well. Now if you’ll excuse us, we need to go re-watch Princess Mononoke because reasons.”
- Escapist Magazine: Bioshock Infinite Review” 4/4/2013
- St. Joan “Penitent” piece featured on The Greatest Expression blog – 7/2013
- “Atomic Bike” featured on Taste of Chicago Buddhism blog on the 68th memorial of Hiroshima
- “The Far Side of Midnight” featured on The Owner’s Coach
- Computer and Videogames.com interview with Bioshock Infinite creator Ken Levine featuring “Will the Circle be Unbroken” 10/24/13
- Commissioned artist for episodes of “Our Fair City” the Chicago based dystopian radio drama.
- Second Prize winner at One Inspired Evening 2014 – 3/7/14
- Third Best in Show at One Inspired Evening 2016 – 3/19/16